Free will, in humans, the power or capacity to choose among alternatives or to act in certain situations independently of natural, social, or divine restraints. According to David Hume, the question of the nature of free will is “the most contentious question of metaphysics.” If this is correct, then figuring out what free will is will be no small task indeed. Let us then understand free will as the capacity unique to persons that allows them to control their actions.
Arguments for free will are based on the subjective experience of freedom, on sentiments of guilt, on revealed religion, and on the universal supposition of responsibility for personal actions that underlies the concepts of law, reward, punishment, and incentive.
Deadline for submission: Sunday, November 8, 2020
Online Exhibition Period: Sunday, January 17, 2021- Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- A maximum of 15 artists will be present in each online exhibition period.
- The space for publishing and presenting the works will be on the website, Instagram and Facebook.
- The “Bon Art Project” is undertaken to introduce only one artist every day to better acquaint the artist.
- For each artist, the “Bon Art Project” send a certificate of attendance at the exhibition as well as the exhibition catalog in pdf format after the end of the exhibition period. This catalog will also contain writings of art critics.
- Selected artists will be invited for the International Ceramic Symposium in Iran for Spring 2022 - subjected to the Corona Virus control conditions -. The duration of the symposium is 12 days and as described in the overview, all the described expenses will be free for the invited guests.
- The symposium program will be sent separately to the present artists at the exhibition, consequently.
- Attendance at the exhibition is free for invited artists.
- Each artist can participate with a maximum of two works.
- The work must have been made in the period 2019-2020 and has not been displayed in any exhibition (even virtual).
- The participant must send three photos of the work in three different angles with a resolution of 300 DPI The background of the photo should be black or white.
- Each artist must submit a personal photo, bio artist, work title, dimensions, construction technique and statement. the “Bon Art Project” will be allowed to use the submitted items in preparing teasers, catalogs, etc.
To better introduce the artists, the “Bon Art Project” asks each artist to make and send a short film (3 to 10 minutes) which it can be taken by cell phone, introduce themselves, the workspace, how to create the work and other things. The “Bon Art Project” will be allowed to add its logo at the beginning and the end of the film, and the artist must use the edited film when republishing.
- If the artist wishes, he/she can share online a technique in making glaze, body or any item he/she wants (free of charge) with other artists. This is optional and, in this case, it must be notified in advance for further planning.
Curator & Founder